6th May 2009
Many new resources have been added to therapeutics section of NPC recently – why not take a look and hot-sync your brain with the latest evidence?
The therapeutics section of the NPC virtual building contains materials arranged in floors (for example, asthma) which are grouped into categories (for example, respiratory tract). For each floor, some or all of the following materials are available.
- A <60 minute eLearning event, where you can watch and listen to a series of short – generally all in less than 60 minutes.
- A key slide set, with extensive notes, to use in discussion with others.
- A data focussed commentary which compares recent prescribing data with the evidence base and also poses questions for reflection.
- A patient decision aid which you can download to help explain therapeutic choices to patients to help them come to an informed decision.
- One or more quizzes where you can test your knowledge. The quizzes are formative – getting answers wrong is a valuable way of learning as fully referenced answers are provided.
- One or more, which are fictional but represent “real world” scenarios where you can apply your understanding and compare your answers with fully referenced suggested model answers.
The following floor, which was previously unavailable, is now open with new material:
The following floors have been updated with new material to reflect the ever-changing evidence base:
- A new <60 minute eLearning event, plus an updated quiz and case studies, patient decision aid and key slide set
- An updated <60 minute eLearning event plus updated quizzes, case studies, a data focussed commentary, patient decision aid and key slide set
- An updated <60 minute eLearning event plus updated quizzes, case studies, a data focussed commentary, patient decision aid and a key slide set
- An updated < 60 minute eLearning event
Make sure you are signed up to NPC Email updates — the free email alerting system that keeps you up to date with the NPC news and outputs relevant to you.