25 June 2010
A new section, which discusses antiplatelet treatment for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, is now available on NPC. The materials include a <60minute eLearning event, two sets of key slides, a quiz, two case studies, a data focussed commentary and two patient decision aids. In addition, the library contains details of MeReC publications relating to antiplatelet treatment.
The therapeutics section of the NPC section contains materials arranged into topics (for example, asthma) which are grouped into categories (for example, respiratory tract). For each theme, a number of resources are available (see below for a more detailed description).
What resources are available on the therapeutic setion of NPC?
Depending on the topic, some or all of the following resources are available for each therapeutic theme:
- A <60 minute eLearning event, where you can follow slides online and listen to an NPC trainer present a series of short workshops on the theme – generally all in less than 60 minutes
- A key slide set for the theme, with notes, to use in discussion with others
- A data focussed commentary, where you can read how recent prescribing data compares with the evidence base for that theme. There are also questions for reflection
- Two patient decision aids which you can download to help explain therapeutic choices to patients so that they can make an informed decision
- One or more quizzes where you can test your knowledge of the theme. The quizzes are formative — getting answers wrong is a valuable way of learning as fully referenced answers are provided
- One or more case studies, which are fictional but represent “real world” scenarios where you can apply your understanding and compare your answers with fully referenced suggested model answers
We are still in the process of developing materials for the NPC website, and are continually updating material.
Make sure you are signed up to NPC Email updates — the free email alerting system that keeps you up to date with the NPC news and outputs relevant to you